My 6 Months in Paradise

On December 30th, 2010, I began my 6 month adventure of attending BYU Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I boarded a plane at 2:30 pm after a short delay due to a Utah snow storm. Soon I arrived at my layover in Seattle where my best friend Janae and her husband Blake were able to grab a bit to eat with me until my next flight was boarding. I then left for an almost 6 hour restless flight to Honolulu. I was greeted by my aunt, uncle and a bundle of cousins. My cute cousin Alyssa ran up and put a lei around my neck...my little Hawaiian initiation! After a long day I was ready to catch up on some sleep. The next morning I woke up to an orange bird chirping and a warm breeze coming through the window, so nice having come directly out of Utah winter weather. The sun was shining and there was lots of exploring to get up and go do, and so my little journey began...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A little of this, A little of that...

I noticed that I am accumulating pictures that don't really fall under a big topic or need their own post, so I am throwing all those right here with a quick caption before I start getting too many of them!


Hukilau Beach is basically just down the street from me (when you go out my back yard).
Lots of my friends live right here, and across the street is the Hukilau Cafe! (anyone seen 50 First Dates??)


Me and my cousin Andrew hanging out at the North Shore.


 The North Shore is a pretty famous touristy area, and is known for it's big waves!
This is where Jack Johnson grew up, and he still has a house here!


There are seriously wild chickens and roosters EVERYWHERE on this island.
These roosters have no idea when sunrise is, they cock-a-doodle-doo 24/7!


Dont forget about all the lizards and geckos! These milky ones are always in the house at night but they
are small and they eat the bugs for us so we leave them alone. I've gotten used to them.




Me and my roommates, Britt (left pic) and Nat (right pic) were walking home from church when this little guy was pointed out to us. He was just hanging out on these people's driveway. Poor tortoise.
Only in Hawaii would you see this!



4 comments:

  1. Love the blog and all of your fun adventures...not sure how I feel about the little creatures everywhere though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear! I have to say I am so far beyond jealous! oh man what I wouldn't give to come join you in the warmth lol I love all the pictures tho! Keep the posts coming so I may live vicariously :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck!? how did you get those roommates? me and nat played soccer together! i LOVE that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haley, I got hooked up with these girls thru my uncle! He is a professor in the Social Work Department and Britt is a Social Work major. I got lucky FOR SURE! They are great girls, and we have lots of fun. That's crazy that you know Nat. Mandi, even if we havent seen each other in ages, its nice that I can check out your cute family and life! Beck, the little creatures arent so bad! They stay out of the way most of the time!

    ReplyDelete