My 6 Months in Paradise

On December 30th, 2010, I began my 6 month adventure of attending BYU Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I boarded a plane at 2:30 pm after a short delay due to a Utah snow storm. Soon I arrived at my layover in Seattle where my best friend Janae and her husband Blake were able to grab a bit to eat with me until my next flight was boarding. I then left for an almost 6 hour restless flight to Honolulu. I was greeted by my aunt, uncle and a bundle of cousins. My cute cousin Alyssa ran up and put a lei around my neck...my little Hawaiian initiation! After a long day I was ready to catch up on some sleep. The next morning I woke up to an orange bird chirping and a warm breeze coming through the window, so nice having come directly out of Utah winter weather. The sun was shining and there was lots of exploring to get up and go do, and so my little journey began...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hike to Maunawili Falls

 Hike #2! A group of 10 of us hiked to Maunawili Falls last Friday afternoon, Feb 4th.
There were a few different places that you can jump off of at the falls. The highest is at least 40 feet. I climbed up there but I couldn't get myself to jump! All of the boys and Madi did it. Kaylee and I were too scared, but maybe one day Ill do it! The sound that it makes when a person hits the water is SO loud! It actually sounds painful!



Sounds pretty fun right? Yeah, well it was, except for the countless times that I slipped and my body slammed straight into ROCKS! I slipped while climbing the waterfalls, and Jordan caught me. My Fisheye camera smashed my fingers between itself and the rocks, and I hit my elbow pretty hard too. I hit my fingertips so hard against the rock that it broke my short little fingernails off! I fell again while crossing a river on the way back to the cars. Don't worry though, my shins caught my fall, followed by my wrists! I'm not sure why my hands didn't save the day, somehow my wrists made it to the rocks first :)

{It was like walking into a Jurassic Park movie}

Sacred Falls was for sure my most favorite hike of the two, and I doubt any hikes I do in the future will top Sacred Falls either, but we will see!! The hike was a bit more difficult than the last, which doesn't say a lot. There was just a lot of stairs up and down.

{Andy and I on the hike up. So pretty!}


{This is a popular hike}

 {Using my new Lomography Fisheye 2}

{Liz. Tanner. Kaylee. Alex. Matt. Madi. Andrew.}

No comments:

Post a Comment