My 6 Months in Paradise

On December 30th, 2010, I began my 6 month adventure of attending BYU Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I boarded a plane at 2:30 pm after a short delay due to a Utah snow storm. Soon I arrived at my layover in Seattle where my best friend Janae and her husband Blake were able to grab a bit to eat with me until my next flight was boarding. I then left for an almost 6 hour restless flight to Honolulu. I was greeted by my aunt, uncle and a bundle of cousins. My cute cousin Alyssa ran up and put a lei around my neck...my little Hawaiian initiation! After a long day I was ready to catch up on some sleep. The next morning I woke up to an orange bird chirping and a warm breeze coming through the window, so nice having come directly out of Utah winter weather. The sun was shining and there was lots of exploring to get up and go do, and so my little journey began...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

80's Dance Par-tay!

This past weekend I went to a party at the Red House - 80's themed! 

 {Me and some of the gang at the 80's house party}

I don't know what it is about 80's dance parties, but I LOVE THEM! Always so much fun. Since my wardrobe is pretty limited out here, I had to rumage around to find something even slightly 80's looking. All I could find were some orange shorts and an electric blue striped tank. I threw in a trucker hat for good humor too. It was so much fun....and there was a lot more people there than I expected! Im glad that my cousins came with too. We hang out all the time, and we keep busy but we didnt feel like we were really gettin' out and doing things like college kids should in a place like this. It was a totally successful night, we had a BLAST and made even more new friends. Since we've kept pretty busy doing a variety of random, fun things with everyone out here! Not going to lie though, a dance party with a few dozen people, in a small house with no A/C and a crazy high % of humidity = some super sweaty people!

1 comment:

  1. so fun! I tried going to this after the school dance but it was over. I want to hang out more with you! You are great!

    ReplyDelete